History

1878

Adolf Arnheiter opens a retailshop for ropes and cords in Sankt Gallen, Switzerland

1912

The shop moves to Gübsenstrasse, the today’s head office of Fortatech AG and Brugg Contec AG

1969/1970

Expansion by building a new production hall and the longest rope production facility in Europe

1970

Kabelwerke Brugg buys the majority of the shares of Arnheiter AG

1976

Arnheiter wins the Goldmedal at the international inventors exhibition in Geneva for the use of synthetic fibers in concrete

1980

Grant of a patent for “Fibrous reinforcing means for cementiously bound composite structures and coatings”

1982

Arnheiter AG is sold to Fatzer AG, Romanshorn 

1983

Change of the company name to Fortatech AG 

1992

BRUGG Group buys Fortatech AG

2001

ISO 9001:2008 certification

2010

Foundation of Brugg Contec AG for the production, further development and marketing/selling of the synthetic fibers